To select a specific chart type or to change the type of chart once it has been opened, users will first need to begin the process of opening a chart.
1. Navigate to the top left of the platform window. On the toolbar left click the Open Chart button.
2. In the Object Manager window, under the Charts section, are various chart types to select from. Users will first need to select a chart type to proceed with setting a time interval.
3. Once a chart type and style have been selected, left click the New button.
4. Users can now set the time interval of their liking by selecting one of the numerous options in the Periodicity field.
5. Adjust the other settings in the Chart Wizard window to your liking. Users can specify the chart window size, ticker symbol, contract, moving averages, technical indicators, and many more options.
6. Manually enter the contract symbol in the dropdown box or left click the green + button to search for a contract to apply to the chart.
7. Once all settings have been entered and selected appropriately, left click the Apply button to apply the settings and open the chart.
8. Once a chart is open, if users wish to modify the time interval of their chart they can navigate to the chart toolbar and left click the preferences button.
9. Under the Preferences window, users can once again change time interval or periodicity of their chart by left clicking the Period tab.
10. Once on the period tab, users can left click the Periodicity dropdown menu to select from various time intervals.
11. Users can also modify historical data, chart session times, lookahead periods, and right margin spacing. Once all settings have been entered left click apply and then OK.
In our example below, we have now applied a 15 minute interval, as displayed on the top of the chart window.